The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (Somafco) did not emerge as a big bang and cannot be interpreted in isolation to South Africa’s journey to democracy. It is part of a continuum of history and the contributions of those directly and indirectly affected…read more
The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (SOMAFCO) Trust is a South African youth development organization which draws its inspiration from the history of SOMAFCO, a college which was established by the African National Congress (ANC) on land donated to it by the Tanzanian government in 1977…read more
If you are young and want to play a role in making sure that South Africa becomes the best country in the world, drop us a line on
email@example.com or visit the contact page. If you are an organization working with youth you can also contact us.
- RT @kuliroberts: @SOMAFCO_Trust @comparaenfotos 😁😁😁😁😁. You love it
- #WeAreAfrica Peoples March yesterday. #weareone #AfricaUnite http://t.co/BhW085KEhP
- After spending a night in Nyasaland (Malawi), #ORTambo landed in Dar es Salaam, Tanganyika to meet Julius Nyerere http://t.co/b3SQCm3cfm
- ...neither Whites nor Blacks, just South Africans, free and united in diversity.-#ORTambo
- It is our responsibility to break down barriers of division and create a country where there will be .....
Quotes By The Heroes
Tell my people that I love them and that they must continue the struggle, my blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. A luta continuaSolomon Mahlangu
As well as fighting the regime. We consciously prepared our people to play a meaningful role in a liberated South Africa. In this regard, we founded the Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College in Morogoro, Tanzania, in 1979. When we approached the Tanzanian government with the idea of a school, they readily gave us land on which SOMAFCO stands today.O.R.Tambo, 48th ANC National Conference, Durban
Just like I indicated that this is not a ordinary college, and I meant it, this college or rather the idea behind this college was to prepare the South African youth deprived of so many of its opportunities inside the country to prepare them to play a role not only in our struggle but a role in Future.Chris Hani
Today, thanks to the great ventures in SOMAFCO, Mazimbu and Dakawa, that new society, envisaged in the Freedom Charter, in fact is being born.O.R. Tambo