The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (Somafco) did not emerge as a big bang and cannot be interpreted in isolation to South Africa’s journey to democracy. It is part of a continuum of history and the contributions of those directly and indirectly affected…read more
The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (SOMAFCO) Trust is a South African youth development organization which draws its inspiration from the history of SOMAFCO, a college which was established by the African National Congress (ANC) on land donated to it by the Tanzanian government in 1977…read more
If you are young and want to play a role in making sure that South Africa becomes the best country in the world, drop us a line on
email@example.com or visit the contact page. If you are an organization working with youth you can also contact us.
- Opportunity!- 50 scholarships to Youth for IT skills training and development.
ID document/... http://t.co/dm37QlhoeY
- Happy Birthday @JMakamba - Blessings! Continue your dedication to Tanzania and Africa. Asante sana for your support of SOMAFCO Trust.
- RT @Chaingaz: 24. The #African continent is the world’s oldest populated area. #FactsAboutAfrica
- In 2006, Josh Groban invited Ladysmith Black Mambazo on his recording of the S.African freedom song, "Weeping" #lim http://t.co/lBlrq7Kx1g
- In 1999, "Weeping" was voted “All-time favorite South African Song” by the readers of the S.African Rock Encyclopedia http://t.co/8lNr7OeJUX
Quotes By The Heroes
Tell my people that I love them and that they must continue the struggle, my blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. A luta continuaSolomon Mahlangu
As well as fighting the regime. We consciously prepared our people to play a meaningful role in a liberated South Africa. In this regard, we founded the Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College in Morogoro, Tanzania, in 1979. When we approached the Tanzanian government with the idea of a school, they readily gave us land on which SOMAFCO stands today.O.R.Tambo, 48th ANC National Conference, Durban
Just like I indicated that this is not a ordinary college, and I meant it, this college or rather the idea behind this college was to prepare the South African youth deprived of so many of its opportunities inside the country to prepare them to play a role not only in our struggle but a role in Future.Chris Hani
Today, thanks to the great ventures in SOMAFCO, Mazimbu and Dakawa, that new society, envisaged in the Freedom Charter, in fact is being born.O.R. Tambo