The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (Somafco) did not emerge as a big bang and cannot be interpreted in isolation to South Africa’s journey to democracy. It is part of a continuum of history and the contributions of those directly and indirectly affected…read more
The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (SOMAFCO) Trust is a South African youth development organization which draws its inspiration from the history of SOMAFCO, a college which was established by the African National Congress (ANC) on land donated to it by the Tanzanian government in 1977…read more
If you are young and want to play a role in making sure that South Africa becomes the best country in the world, drop us a line on
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact page. If you are an organization working with youth you can also contact us.
- RT @JMakamba: Traffic congestion in Dar costs Tanzanian economy Tsh. 4bn per day or about $1bn per year. If Dar catches the cold, the country sneezes.
- RT @Mduduzi_Manana: The SOMAFCO Delegation in Tanzania I led on behalf of President JG Zuma. http://t.co/GZVqfBXwpx
- Asante Sana for ORET 2014 http://t.co/bFbtP3OWtE
- RT @somtseun: Yooo kanjalo nje !!! RT@SOMAFCO_Trust: Due to Ebola Africans are not allowed at this South Korean pub. http://t.co/tAxxlqOUeX
- Due to Ebola Africans are not allowed at this South Korean pub. http://t.co/Mio27fDUe7
Quotes By The Heroes
Tell my people that I love them and that they must continue the struggle, my blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. A luta continuaSolomon Mahlangu
As well as fighting the regime. We consciously prepared our people to play a meaningful role in a liberated South Africa. In this regard, we founded the Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College in Morogoro, Tanzania, in 1979. When we approached the Tanzanian government with the idea of a school, they readily gave us land on which SOMAFCO stands today.O.R.Tambo, 48th ANC National Conference, Durban
Just like I indicated that this is not a ordinary college, and I meant it, this college or rather the idea behind this college was to prepare the South African youth deprived of so many of its opportunities inside the country to prepare them to play a role not only in our struggle but a role in Future.Chris Hani
Today, thanks to the great ventures in SOMAFCO, Mazimbu and Dakawa, that new society, envisaged in the Freedom Charter, in fact is being born.O.R. Tambo