The empowerment of disadvantaged youth today and ensure that they are the pioneers of South Africa and Africa's future.
The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (Somafco) did not emerge as a big bang and cannot be interpreted in isolation to South Africa’s journey to democracy. It is part of a continuum of history and the contributions of those directly and indirectly affected…read more
The Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College (SOMAFCO) Trust is a South African youth development organization which draws its inspiration from the history of SOMAFCO, a college which was established by the African National Congress (ANC) on land donated to it by the Tanzanian government in 1977…read more
If you are young and want to play a role in making sure that South Africa becomes the best country in the world, drop us a line on
email@example.com or visit the contact page. If you are an organization working with youth you can also contact us.
- " A nation,a people, a country,that does not care for its children,has no future and deserves none"-O.R Tambo,
- This act of kidnapping 200 young girls carries a psychological brutality to it which no less than the bombs and bullets that claim lives.,
- 200 girls have been kidnapped in Nigeria from a "school".It causes much pain as it will strengthen the resolve against the perpetrators!,
- In the Olof Palme lecture,Tambo notes the growing leaps and bounds of human atrocities inflicted on each other.,
- In his tribute to Olof Palme in 1987 at Olof Palme lecture on disarment and development,Tambo notes increases in forms of human destruction,
Quotes By The Heroes
Tell my people that I love them and that they must continue the struggle, my blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. A luta continuaSolomon Mahlangu
As well as fighting the regime. We consciously prepared our people to play a meaningful role in a liberated South Africa. In this regard, we founded the Solomon Mahlangu Freedom College in Morogoro, Tanzania, in 1979. When we approached the Tanzanian government with the idea of a school, they readily gave us land on which SOMAFCO stands today.O.R.Tambo, 48th ANC National Conference, Durban
Just like I indicated that this is not a ordinary college, and I meant it, this college or rather the idea behind this college was to prepare the South African youth deprived of so many of its opportunities inside the country to prepare them to play a role not only in our struggle but a role in Future.Chris Hani
Today, thanks to the great ventures in SOMAFCO, Mazimbu and Dakawa, that new society, envisaged in the Freedom Charter, in fact is being born.O.R. Tambo